One of my husband’s favorite side dishes is a delicious warm side of mash potatoes. Therefore, at least once or twice a week we make mash potatoes. Ever since we got our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker making hard boiled eggs, rice, beans, and mash potatoes have become less than of a chore and more of an easy and enjoyable task; cause honestly, who wants to wait for the water to boil to make mash potatoes? Not me and that’s why today I want to share with you this perfect 6 Minutes Instant Pot Mash Potatoes Recipe.
6 Minutes Instant Pot Mash Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound of Yukon Gold potatoes, wash, peeled, and cut in halves.
- 4 tablespoon of real organic butter
- ⅓ cup of milk or half and half
- sea salt and white pepper to taste
- 1.25 cups of water or chicken stock for the pressure cooker
- First, wash and peel your potatoes, cut lengthwise in half and set aside (if potatoes are extra large, first cut them in half and then the halves in half again).
- Pour water into the pressure cooker's inner liner, along with potatoes.
- Put the lid on and turn the Steam Release valve to sealing.
- Press the "MANUAL" button and +/- to 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot pressure cooker is done, "Quick Release" the steam or turn the Steam Release valve to venting.
- Carefully, remove the water from the potatoes inside the inner liner.
- Leave the "Keep warm" setting on.
- Add butter to the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher.
- Once you have mashed most of the potatoes add milk, salt, and pepper and continue mashing until desired texture.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with your favorite meal.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Click here to find more!
So, what do you think of our easy 6 Minutes Instant Pot Mash Potatoes Recipe? I hope you love as much as my family does. Seriously, this recipe is so popular in my household that today, I almost didn’t have time to photograph it before it was all gone. Oh, and if you love this recipe, stay tuned because I will be sharing our easy cauliflower mash!