Being a busy mommy of three doesn’t leave me time for elaborate breakfasts or any other meal time in between. This is the reason why, every morning to help move things along, we serve various quick and easy meals. Last month while we were visiting our friends up north, the kiddos got a taste of various breakfast burritos and it seems as now all they want are burritos for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For mommy and daddy, this is the perfect solution for quick and easy meals, as burritos are extremely versatile. Our burritos are usually packed with protein and more protein, our kiddos are just not that into veggies yet. In rare occasions the kids have asked to change it up and for us to prepare our sweet Banana and Cream Cheese Breakfast Burrito.
Banana and Cream Cheese Breakfast Burrito
Last week, while I was shopping at my local Walmart store, I stumbled upon the new Quaker® Real Medleys® shelf-stable yogurt. I had never seen these yogurts before, in other words, Nothing like this before had crossed my way. However, I decided to pick up a few to serve my yogurt-loving family. These neat single serve yogurts are perfect for busy mornings and the best part is that they pack 25 grams of whole grain and 10 grams of protein, which is satisfying and delicious.
Not only are the Quaker® Real Medleys® super handy but they also are super easy to prepare. All you need to do is pour 1/2 cup of COLD milk (to the dark line inside the cup), stir well, let stand for 2 minutes, stir again and be ready to enjoy a Crunchy. Cool. Yum. yogurt. And Quaker® Real Medleys® come in lot of different varieties including NEW Strawberry Almond, Apple Cinnamon, and Raspberry Pecan.
As soon as I got home from grocery shopping, I began thinking what will go well with the Quaker® Real Medleys® Strawberry Almond variety with its pieces of Strawberry and crunchy granola and almond. What else if not our sweet, yet tart, Banana, and Cream Cheese Breakfast Burrito!
To make our Banana and Cream Cheese Breakfast Burrito recipe all you need is a few ingredients that you might have already in your kitchen. The ingredients for this beyond easy recipe are:
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed and room temp.
- flour tortillas, small burrito size
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 2 bananas, ripe but still firm
If the ingredients were not simple enough, to make this recipe is even easier. All you need to do to make our Banana and Cream Cheese Breakfast Burrito is follow this tutorial:
- In a bowl, mash your room temperature cream cheese with a fork.
- Add 3 teaspoons of brown sugar to your mashed cream cheese.
- Add one or two pinch of cinnamon to your mashed cream cheese.
- Place two pieces of bananas cut length wise on the center of your tortilla.
- Spread your brown sugar cream cheese onto the bananas.
- Fold the two long side edges of the tortillas over to encircle the banana halves. Fold the open ends in slightly and then the entire end back over any exposed tortilla edges to form a burrito with all edges on one side.
- Roll your burritos in a brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place the burritos in a dry skillet with the edge side down until cinnamon/brown sugar turns bright brown.
- Brown the other side of the tortilla over medium-low heat.
- Keep turning the tortilla until evenly browned.
- Serve and enjoy.
As you can see this recipe is quite simple to prepare for any day of the week or weekend. For me, the best part of this duo is that the sweetness and crunchy of the Quaker® Real Medleys® compliment the tartness of the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon mixtures with the freshness of the bananas.
Next time you are shopping at your local Walmart, stop by the cold or ready-to-eat cereal aisles and grab a few Quaker® Real Medleys® and get your breakfast done fast. You can also Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive information tutorials on Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups. If you want to try the Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups before you purchase them, there will be several in-store demos going on in August, find out which store will be participating in this Demo List here. Share with us, what you would pair your Quaker® Real Medleys® Yogurt Cups with for a complete and quick breakfast? Drop us your idea(s) in the comment section below, we will be sure to share them.