Spring is finally here, well, at least for some of us! 🙂 Anyways, for us, the beginning of Spring signals the start of a new soccer season; as well as, lots of family reunions and birthdays celebrations. If you think that I might be exaggerating, let me just give you an example. Between now and the start of fall, our family will celebrate about 80 different occasions. I know, I know that’s a lot of celebration. But this is the reason why I make use of my pantry when it comes time for preparing snacks for the kids to enjoy after their soccer games and during our family’s get-togethers. Today I want to share with you, one of our favorite cereal mix snacks. Not only is this recipe super easy to prepare and of course, delicious. But I bet you have all the necessary ingredients already in your kitchen.
Cake Frosting Cereal Mix Recipe
Okay, so what exactly what you need to make our Cake Frosting Cereal Mix Recipe? You will need the following ingredients: 3 cups gluten-free Chex cereal, 2 cups Frosted Cheerios gluten-free cereal, 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, 1 ½ tablespoons creamy white frosting, and ½ cup of minis M&M’s. Then continue following the recipe below.
- 3 cups gluten free Chex cereal
- 2 cups Frosted Cheerios gluten free
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tablespoons creamy white frosting
- ½ cup of M & M's minis
- Lined cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, mix cereals and the sweetened shredded coconut.
- Transfer the cereal and coconut mixture to the lined cookie sheet. Making sure cereal is spread in single layer.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave the frosting on High for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture in the cookie sheet.
- Immediately top with M&M's. Let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Serve or store in airtight container.
Easy to prepare, right? It is not only easy, you can customize this recipe to fit the theme of your party or celebration. Plus, you can let the kids get involved and they will have tons of fun making a special cereal mix snack for their family and friends. If you decided to make this delicious cake frosting cereal mix recipe, come back and let us know how you liked them by dropping us a note in the comment section below. Or, if you share on social media, be sure to tag us, and we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!
Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino aquí.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.