If you been reading this blog for a while now, you know that I love Flan and why not. Flan desserts are so delicious, extremely satisfying and beyond versatile. Yes, you read that correctly. All you have to do is add or substitute a few ingredients one way or another and you have a completely new dessert every time. But be honest, the one thing I don’t like about making flan is hauling the heavy baking dish and placing it in my oven. You see, when making flan, you have to bake your custard in a bain-Marie. Well, since I am loving my new Instant Pot so much, I decided to make one of my favorite variations of this delicious dessert and today I want to share my Instant Pot Caramel Flan recipe and step-by-step video below.
Instant Pot Caramel Flan Recipe
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pin of salt
- 1½ cups of water for your Instant Pot
- In a sauce pan, over medium to high heat cook and stir sugar until melted and caramel-colored, around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully, pour sugar into a round oven-safe dish, tilting to coat bottom and around the walls of the container. Set container aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into prepared caramel baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Pour water into the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Place the flan custard baking dish on the Instant Pot's steam rack and put inside the inner pot.
- Now, put the lid on and turn the Steam Release to sealing.
- Then, press the "MANUAL" button and +/- to 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, let it "Natural Release" for 10 minutes, then vent the rest of the steam completely before opening the lid.
- Carefully remove flan custard baking dish from your Instant pot. The flan is done when you insert a knife or a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Cool completely for several hours or overnight. Unmold the flan by inserting a spatula along the sides of the baking dish, invert on serving plate and enjoy!
Related post: Make the perfect Boiled Eggs in your Instant Pot
Step-by-step Instant Pot Caramel Flan recipe
So, what do you think of this easy and delicious Instant Pot Caramel Flan Recipe? Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, it is so satisfying, just a piece goes a long way! Do you have a favorite pressure cooker recipe you love to share with us, if so, leave us a note in the comment section below!
Click Here to pin this post for later!
Disclosure: The product(s) mentioned above was/were received this review. No monetary compensation was received. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.