Hello, how is the weather in your neck of the woods? Here in Miami, winter has finally decided to join us. 🙂 Anyways, to celebrate the new year and to warm up those engines. Today I invite you to enjoy with us a sweet Corn Atole drink, which is very delicious, extremely refreshing and comforting. If you are not familiar with this beverage, you are in for a treat. This corn drink is typically enjoyed in Mexico and Central America and it is served hot to enjoy to enjoy on those cold evenings.
Corn Atole Recipe
- 3 cups of yellow corn or sweet corn
- 2 cups of water, divided
- 2 cups whole milk or evaporated milk, divided
- ¼ cup refined sugar or sugar to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- First, with a well-sharpen knife, carefully separate the grains from the ears of corn.
- Then, in a medium frying pan place the corn, a cup of water and a cup of milk and boil for 5 or 7 minutes. Mix constantly.
- After, transfer the corn, water and milk mixture to a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- In a medium frying pan, pour the liquefied corn mixture through a strainer, making sure to press the pulp against the strainer mesh to release all the liquid from the mixture.
- If necessary, return the remaining pulp to the blender and add a little water, beat the mixture and pour the mixture through the strainer. When finished, discard the remaining pulp.
- Incorporate the sugar into the atole to taste, the rest of the milk, the rest of the water, cinnamon in sticks and salt. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat. Lower the low heat for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are well mixed and the atol is a bit thick. Be sure to mix frequently.
- Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon in sticks, pour into cups and decorate. You can decorate each serving with reserved corn kernels or with cinnamon powder.
What do you think of this easy and delicious central American drink? So easy, right? Now you have a very rich and refreshing drink to enjoy with your family on those cold winter evenings. Before you go, don’t forget to let us know your thoughts on this recipe by dropping us a note in the comment section below.
Click here to pin this post for later!
Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.