Easter weekend is here and this means that most of us will be busy preparing delicious Easter meals for our family and friends. If your family is like mine and after a delicious meal they expect an equally delicious dessert, I have the perfect dessert for everyone to enjoy this Easter Sunday! Our Easter Bunny Surprise Pound cake recipe is super easy to prepare, just make sure to follow the recipe step-by-step and the result will be the perfect ending to your dinner. Plus, the kiddos would get a kick out of finding a bunny inside this classic dessert. Let’s get started…
- 1 lb softened butter
- 3 Cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Several droplets of pink food coloring.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. (Look for a light yellow color), takes about 1 to 7 minutes. Add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. (The butter will turn to a fluffy white.)
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow yolk disappears.
- Next, add your flour to the creamed mixture as followed: first the flour, followed by your milk. 1 cup of flour to 1/4 cup of milk ending with your last cup of flour. Beat at a low speed after each addition. If lumps remains, gently stir with a rubber spatula.
- Next, gently stir in the extracts and divide your prepared batter in half.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring to one-half. Blend in the pink food coloring to ensure even coloring throughout the batter.
- Treat a medium size cookie sheet and pour/spoon the pink tinted batter onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake your batter on the cookie sheet for 1 hour. Test it with a toothpick to ensure that it is done and then set it aside to cool.
- Test and make sure that your bunny cookie cutter fits within your loaf pan for height and width.
- After your pink batter has cooled use your bunny cookie cutter to make your bunnies for your loaf pan.
- Treat your loaf pan with baking spray or grease and flour.
- Now pour about 1/3 of your batter into the bottom of your loaf pan.
- Gently stand your bunnies in the middle of the loaf pan. Hold them steady until they will stand on their own.
- Gently fill the sides of the pan by spooning the batter into the pan.
- After the sides are filled gently spoon additional batter on top of your bunnies.
- Continue to spoon additional batter on top until it is even.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Check to ensure that your loaf is done by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean then your pound cake is done. Cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes and remove from pan. If it is difficult to remove run your knife between the edges of the cake and pan to loosen. Cool loaf cake on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Topped with whipped cream or frosting & strawberries and enjoy!
What do you think? Easy and delicious, right? I think so, not only is this recipe delicious, but super fluffy. I love to prepare a couple of extra pound cakes to enjoy in the morning, I just topped it with fruit and pair it with a cold glass of milk. Voila, I have the perfect sweet breakfast. 🙂 If you decide to prepare our delicious Easter Bunny Surprise Pound Cake recipe, be sure to tag us on social media. Don’t forget to leave us a comment in the comment section below. Happy Easter everyone!