Happy International Pancake Day! Yes, there is a day to celebrate pancakes, YUM! 🙂 Our family loves pancakes, hey we eat them in the morning, at mid-day or even for dinner; so what a better day to celebrate pancakes day than with a stack of homemade pancakes? Today the kids were off from school and they kept asking me for a quick & savory snack. This got me thinking of what could I whipped up in a jiff. And then, it occurred to me, what about chocolate chip pancakes for an easy afternoon snack?! Fantastic, I went to the kitchen gather my supplies and whipped up a couple of stacks of our favorite & easy chocolate chip pancakes. Check it out below…
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- In a medium bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients: milk, butter, and egg. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, add semisweet chocolate chips and whisk until just moistened.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Melt a bit of butter on your skillet or fold a sheet of paper towel in half, moisten it with oil and rub the skillet surface.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto your hot skillet and use the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round pancake.
- Cook, your pancakes on both side until golden brown.
- Serve and top with your favorite toppings: butter, maple syrup, confectioners’ sugar, honey, jams, preserves, sweetened whipped cream, chocolate syrup, dulce de leche or fruits.
As you can see this recipe is super simple to prepare and the pancakes are delicious, light and fluffy. The best part is that the kids can top their own pancakes with their favorite toppings. Today, we topped a stack with confectioner’s sugar & extra chocolate chips and the other with chocolate chips, confectioner’s sugar and chocolate syrup. Within a few minutes, all the pancakes were gone, which tells me that they were that good! What do you think, would you be making a stack for your family today? Let us know if you decide to use our easy Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe by leaving us a comment in the comment section below.