During the winter months, you look for foods that not only satisfy you, but that help you feel warm and cozy inside. Foods like homemade mashed potatoes, chocolate cake and soups make it to your dinner table on a weekly basis or if you are in my home, a few times a week. We tend to make soups all year, but during the winter months, we seem to crave them more often than none. Since, Saturday we been having amazing winter weather, lows in the 50s, heavenly. Today, I decided to make this Easy & Delicious Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe, check it out below.
- ½ cups Diced Onions
- 4 cups Cubed Russett Potatoes – Skin On
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 minced garlic
- 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
- 9 slices Bacon
- ½ cups Shredded Cheese
- ¼ cups Green Onions, Chopped
- In a crock pot, combine onion, potatoes, seasoned salt, stock and garlic cloves.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Blend or Puree about 1/3 of the mixture. Return to the crock pot with the rest of the soup and stir in the cream cheese. Stir every 15 minutes until well blended.
- Top each bowl with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese and onions.
Note: if you like the soup a little thicker you can mash some of the potatoes up and it chunky and so creamy and just like those at the restaurants.
As you can see, this hearty recipe is super easy to make and satisfyingly delicious! Its’ bacon, shredded cheese, and onions toppings give it a distinctively unique taste, umm, finger-linking good. If you decide to make this Easy & Delicious Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe, come back and share with us your findings via the comment section below. Stay warm and enjoy a delicious bowl on us.