Back to school is hectic around here and more so this year, this year we are experiencing many new firsts! For example, during this school year our oldest son will be graduating from elementary school and moving onto middle school, that is a huge first for us! As we navigate the new school year, it also seems as a rush to get creative in the kitchen to get the kids to eat freshers , healthier, and great-tasting foods. I was invited to try out Harvest Snaps Lunchspiration and to develop an easy Back-to-School recipe of my favorite lunch, snack and/or dip to celebrate the back-to-school season. As I was thinking what to make a kept coming back to what we really like and enjoyed all summer long and decided to make my Easy Guacamole Dip, just the way my mom used to make it when I was young. Check out my recipe below and keep reading to find out how to enter a yummy giveaway.
- 1 small avocado or (2) small Haas avocadoes peeled and rough smashed with fork
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 3 medium eggs, hard boiled
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Diced your avocado and place in a bowl.
- Dice your Roma tomato, place diced tomato in with the avocado,.
- Dice your purple onion, place diced onion in with avocado and tomato, mix and add fresh lemon juice. Finally roughly smashed avocado with a fork and blend all the ingredients together.
- Set aside for a few minutes to let the lemon juice combined with the other ingredients. Finally, diced your hard boiled egg and combined well with avocado mixture. Serve and enjoy!
As you can see from the image above, I paired my easy guacamole dip with our favorite varieties of Harvest Snaps Snapea: Cesar and Lightly salted. The combination of the guacamole and the Harvest snaps was a delicious combination that just melted in your mouth. Another way we enjoyed our Guacamole and Harvest Snaps was to topped our delicious turkey meat patties, the combination of the guacamole and the Harvest Snaps enhanced the flavors of the turkey and the guacamole, plus it gave them a crunchy finish.
A Little Bit About Harvest Snaps:
- Snapea Crisps are made from 70% pea, Lentil Snaps are made from 65% lentil
- Harvest Snaps offers a healthier snacking option, without sacrificing taste. The signature crunch comes from the fact they are baked – not fried.
- Harvest Snaps are all-natural, tasty and guilt-free. Each of our 6 zesty flavors contain high fiber and protein, and are low in sodium and fat
- These all-natural treats are the perfect snack for the whole family – eat them for a post-workout snack, lunch side, or toss a bag into your child’s school lunch box!
This post was created in partnership with Harvest Snaps. I have been compensated for this post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.