April is such a busy month for our family, between birthdays & anniversaries, I barely have time to cook weeknight dinners. However, being busy doesn’t mean relying on fast food meals, I have to find creative & simple ways to make delicious meals in a heart beat. This week I decided to make an easy recipe that only takes a little over half an hour to be ready to enjoy. Our Easy Organic Chicken, Kale & 3-pepper recipe is super easy to prepare, it only takes 2 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to cook. The best part that this easy recipe can easily feed our family of 5 because it yields 6 servings. Let’s get started…
Easy Organic Chicken, Kale & 3-Pepper Recipe
- 2 Large Organic Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Frozen Woodstock Chopped Kale
- 2 Cups Frozen Woodstock Organic Tri-Colored Peppers
- ½ Large Ball Sliced Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Organic Olive Oil
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan. Add 2 large organic chicken breasts. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.)
- Dice chicken into small pieces (or you can pull it apart with your fingers).
- Add olive oil to a large pan. Turn on medium heat. Add frozen peppers and frozen kale. Sauté for approximately 8 minutes or until the vegetables are glossy and slightly browned. Turn heat on low.
- Add chicken to pan. Add a touch more olive oil to help combine mixture. Add salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir well. Add fresh mozzarella. Stir until cheese is evenly distributed. Cover on low heat for 1 minute. Remove from burner. Serve and enjoy this quick and healthy entrée!
Easy, right? Well, not only is this recipe easy, but it is also organic. So, next time you are grocery shopping pick up a few extra chicken breast and all the necessary ingredients to prepare this delicious recipe and surprise your family with it. Let us know if you decide to prepare this recipe by tagging us on social media and we will be sure to share your post. Don’t forget that you can also leave a comment in the comment section below.