What is the one thing that cannot be missed from your table after a joyous and delicious dinner? Well, if your family is anything like mine, the answer is a delicious dessert and an equally delicious cup of warm cafecito (coffee). This delicious time is called a sobremesa and in the Latino culture is a tradition. Yes, it is the time when dinner is wrapping up, but not everyone is ready to end the evening. Since we love spending time with our extended family, during this time, we not only get to enjoy good conversation but we pair that with a good dessert and that delicious cup of joe that keeps us going through the evening. Hey, I cannot think of a better way to keep our family bond strong, while creating new memories and as a bonus, keeping our bellies happy with delicious desserts and coffee!
Quick and Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Anyways, one of our favorite desserts to serve during our sobremesa time combines two of the things that you are sure to find on any of our typical family gatherings: desserts and coffee! I am talking about our quick and easy Tiramisu recipe and to make our this delicious recipe, all you need are the following ingredients: 1 pack of soft ladyfingers, split and divided (6 oz.); 1/2 cup of NESCAFÉ Clásico (1/2 cup of room temp water and 3 tablespoons of coffee); 2 tsp. vanilla, divided; 2 tablespoons of sugar; 8 oz of Mascarpone cheese, softened; 3 cups thawed Whipped Topping; and 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1 pack of soft ladyfingers, split, divided (6 oz.)
- ½ cup of NESCAFÉ Clásico (1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons of coffee)
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 8 oz of Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 cups thawed Whipped Topping
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Arrange half the ladyfingers on bottom of a square dish.
- Mix ¼ cup of water, 3 Tbsp of coffee, 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla until blended.
- Lightly dip ladyfingers in coffee and return to dish. DO NOT discard remaining coffee.
- In a medium bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla, and 4 Tbsp. of coffee together until creamy and smooth.
- Whisk in whipped topping over the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread half the mascarpone and whipped topping mixture over coffee-dipped ladyfingers in dish.
- Dip remaining ladyfingers in coffee and cover the mascarpone and whipped topping in the dish.
- Top remaining ladyfingers with the mascarpone and whipped topping mixture.
- Sift cocoa powder over top of dessert.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until chilled.
- Serve and enjoy.
So, whether you are looking to start a new family tradition or strengthen your connection with your family and friends and to enjoy a delicious dessert. I invite you to try this recipe on your next sobremesa moment and be sure to come back and share with us how much they liked our Quick and Easy Tiramisu recipe by dropping us a note in the comment section below. Or, if you share on social media, be sure to tag us, and we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!