Don’t you just love chocolate? I have a few little ones here, who just love their chocolate treats but who doesn’t?, Right! Last December, Hershey’s introduced a new Hershey’s Spread, the spread come in three flavors: Chocolate, Chocolate with Hazelnut & Chocolate with Almond. Hershey’s through Crowdtap sent us a jar of Hershey’s Chocolate Spread to test it out for ourselves.
As soon as we opened the Hershey’s Spread jar & tried it, hubby said delectable, such a simple word yet he hit the nail over the head. The new Hershey’s Spreads are so good & tasty, it spreads perfectly on toast and it is the perfect companion for your favorite fruit. In my opinion, this is the perfect treat when you have a chocolate graving. After having tried the spread on it’s own, I immediately began to brainstorm to see if I can turn the spread into a dessert treat for the family. I came up with an Quick & Easy Hershey’s Spread Cracker Rounds, see below…
- 1/4 Cup of Hershey’s Spread
- 12 Cracker rounds
- 3 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare a cookie sheet (greased or place waxed paper).
- Add a dollop of Hershey’s chocolate spread on center of flat side of saltine round cracker. Very gently press flat side of a second cracker on top, (be cautious not to press the filling out of the sides) making a sandwich. Repeat process until desire amount of sandwiches rounds are made.
- In a microwave safety dish crack Hershey’s chocolate bar and microwave in intervals of 20 seconds and stirring chocolate until completely soft.
- Drop cracker sandwiches, one sandwich at a time, into melted Hershey’s chocolate. Gently place sandwich cracker rounds into mixture & spoon over some melted chocolate until completely covered. Use a fork, remove cracker from mixture & let excess chocolate drip before placing it on the cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle top with sprinkles, if desired. Repeat for all cracker sandwiches.
- Refrigerate until chocolate coating hardens, about 30 minutes.
What do you thin? Have you tried the new Hershey’s Spreads? Would love to hear what you think of it.
Disclosure: I received one Hershey’s Spread sample product mentioned above because I am a Crowdtap member, however, additional products were purchased and paid by Miami Mommy Savings. All statements made are my own and were not influenced in any way. No monetary compensation was received.