Do you love Dulce de Leche? I do! And homemade Dulce De Leche couldn’t be any easier to make than with the recipe I have for you today! If you aren’t aware of what dulce de leche is, you are in for a treat. Dulce de Leche is a creamy jam-like milk substance made from scratch using whole milk, sugar, and vanilla bean or extract and constantly simmering and stirring over medium-high heat until thicken to the desired consistency, typically, this takes hours on end. An easier way of making this delicious golden caramel sauce is using a sweetened condensed milk can and simmering in a pot of hot water for two to four hours. Yes, four hours, who has time for that? Not me! The one thing I don’t like about that process is that you have to be really careful making sure to maintain the right amount of water in the pot the entire time. So, since nor you or I have the time to stir milk for hours on end or to babysit a can while magic is happening inside, I decided to make the entire process in under one hour. Yes, under one hour. Learn how I make Instant Pot Dulce De Leche Recipe below.
Instant Pot Dulce De Leche Recipe
- 1 (14 oz.) can of Sweeten Condensed Milk
- 2 (8 oz.) Mason Jars or Canning Jars
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Equallydivide the content of a sweetened condensed milk jar into the two 8 ounce jars.
- Place the lids on the mason jars and close to "finger tight", the
lidsshould still have room to move.
- Place the trivet wire rack that came with your pressure cooker inside the inner liner.
- Place the mason jars on the wire rack making sure the jars don't touch the sides of the inside liner or each other.
- Fill the pressure cooker's inner liner with enough water to about ½-inch under the jar's lid. Mine took about 6 cups of water.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, turn the valve to "sealing", press manual mode and +/- 30 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, let the pressure naturally release for a minimum of 20 minutes to 30 minutes, then turning the steam release valve to "venting" and finally, carefully remove the lid.
- Using oven mitts or canning tongs, remove the mason jars from the Instant Pot's inner liner and let them cool on a wire rack or top a kitchen towel until cool to the touch.
- Once ready to enjoy, stir thoroughly the dulce de leche and enjoy as fruit dipping, over ice cream or on your favorite cheesecake.
- Note: leftover dulce de leche should be stored in the refrigerator. This dulce de leche should last in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Click here to find more!
So, what do you thinking of this delicious and easy to make Instant Pot Dulce de Leche? Are you ready to enjoy it on with your fruit or over your favorite ice cream or on your favorite cheesecake? By the way, stay tuned for that! 🙂 If you were wondering, leftover dulce de leche should be stored in the refrigerator and it should last in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.