Am I the only one that is always trying to find better solutions or shortcuts to solve everyday dilemmas? I suspect not! I recently acquired a new kitchen toy that has taken my cooking life to a whole new level and no, I am not exaggerating. Ever since I received my Instant Pot pressure cooker I have been experimenting with a bunch of our favorite recipes and I am happy to report that I’ve fallen in love with this amazingly handy and clever device. So be on the look out for many, many, many pressure cooker recipes to come. 🙂 Either way, one of my many kitchen dilemmas is to get the perfect hard boiled egg, which by the way the Instant Pot not only makes the perfect hard boiled egg; peeling these eggs are the easiest thing EVER! So, how do you make the perfect hard boiled egg using the Instant Pot?
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
So, pay attentions egg lovers, here we go…
- desired number of eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Instant Pot electric pressure cooker
- First, pour one cup of water into the inner pot.
- Second, place your desired number of eggs into a steam rack.
- Now, put the lid on and turn the Steam Release to sealing.
- Then, press on the "MANUAL" button and +/_ to 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, let it "Natural Release" for 6 minutes, then vent the rest of the steam completely before opening the lid.
- Transfer your eggs to an icy water bath, leave them in there for 4-6 minutes before peeling or store them in your refrigerator to use later.
How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Easy, right? Not only are they easy, if you prefer softer eggs, you can simply lower your cooking time by a minute or two. Also, if you are not in a hurry, you can leave your eggs in the pressure cooker until the pressure escapes on its own. Do you have a favorite pressure cooker recipe you love to share with us, if so, leave us a note in the comment section below!
Note: We pair our hard boiled eggs with different things, among them red chunky salsa (picture with our eggs in here).
Click HERE to Pin this post for later!
Disclosure: The product(s) mentioned above was/were received this review. No monetary compensation was received. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.