The weekend is almost here and this means that most of us will be busy attending our kid’s sporting events, birthday parties, or having fun with the family at the beach. Therefore, who has the time to slave in the kitchen for hours to prepare a delicious meal everyone can enjoy? I certainly don’t have the time and this is the reason why anytime I can, I go for easy meals that I can make quickly and deliver tremendous flavor without too much fuss. Today, I decided to make such a meal and I am sharing this delicious and tasty Lemon Caper Chicken Potato Casserole recipe for you guys to enjoy as well.
- 1 can of each condensed cream and mushroom
- 1/2 cup milk we use skim (pictured whole)
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes thinly sliced ( 1/4 in thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 2 tsp of jarred minced garlic
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts- we like them long ad thinly sliced
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper in mix and a little on top
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and halved
- 2 Tablespoons of Capers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add condensed soup and milk to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until simmering, stirring frequently. When it reaches a simmer, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken. Pour in the condensed soup mixture, along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine until the potato and chicken mixture is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Layer lemon slices into the mixture randomly. I also squeeze a wee bit of lemon juice on top. Sprinkle top of mixture with Capers. Then cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Carefully remove the foil, and change oven to the high “broil” setting. Broil the casserole for an extra 2 to 3 minutes to crisp up the top, watching very carefully so that it does not burn.
- Remove pan from oven, serve warm and enjoy.
So, what do you think of out Lemon Caper Chicken Potato Casserole recipe? As you can see the preparation of this recipe is quite easy. However, the best part is that it is full of flavor and you can make even make a little extra and enjoy it the entire weekend. My favorite part is that this recipe is gluten friendly, so if you have family members with gluten sensitivity, this will become your go-to recipe. If you decide to make this recipe, be sure to tag us on social media and we will be sure to share your creation.