Can you believe Mother’s day is this weekend?! Yeah, me neither! Time is going by so quick and before we know it, it will be Summer again. Well, this weekend will be a very special weekend for us as the entire family will get together to celebrate all the moms in our family. Since, we are mid-week already, I decided to start making the desserts before all the craziness of the weekend begin. If you are an avid reader of this blog, you know that I am the kind of person that loves to make easy & delicious recipes, but above all, that ones that don’t break the bank! 😉
This is why, yesterday, before I went shopping for all the necessary ingredients I needed for our little celebration, I search through the new My Winn-Dixie app to see Winn-Dixie’s weekly ad and to add all the coupons I might need during my shopping trip. By the way, did you that Winn-Dixie has a new app? If you haven’t, you should download it now as you can get a free one dozen of large Winn-Dixie eggs just by adding the coupon to your account. Yes, they are absolutely FREE! Anyhow, I went to my local Winn-Dixie store and purchased all the necessary ingredients to make my Mother’s Day Caramel Flan recipe, you can find my recipe below. This recipe is quite simple & easy to make and the best part is that everyone from your mom to your little ones will love it and will ask for more!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a heavy skillet, over medium to high heat cook and stir sugar until melted and caramel-colored, around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully, pour into a square or round baking dish (I use a pie baking dish), tilting to coat bottom completely and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Pour mixture into prepared caramel baking dish. Place the flan custard baking dish in a longer & deeper baking dish. Pour hot water into the second baking dish until it reaches half-way up the side of the custard baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove Caramel Flan from water, carefully. Cool completely, chill several hours, serve and enjoy!
As I was saying above, My Winn-Dixie app is the perfect addition to your weekly shopping trip. The app features a My coupons section, where you can clip paperless coupons that will be redeem automatically once you check out at the store. You can also create shopping lists, where you can add and organize products to keep your weekly shopping organized and expedite. The best part about the app is that you won’t no longer misplace your Winn-Dixie customer reward card, because you can simply scan your phone at checkout to redeem your coupons and/or rewards. Another great feature on My Winn-Dixie app is that you can keep track of your fuelperks, check your reward balance and find participating gas stations right from the app. Finally, if you are traveling this summer or in general, your app can help you find the closest Winn-Dixie store near you.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, written by me on behalf of Winn-Dixie. All express opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.