Going on a vacation soon? Save yourself some stress and headaches with our Must-Have Travel Tech Accessories.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Verizon, all opinions are my own.
The last three weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions & adventures for this family; and why? Well, for starters the kids finished their school year with amazing success. Which of course is a cause for celebrating onto itself, but that’s not all. My baby, the baby that made me a mommy turned the big 13 and he is now a teenager. Yeah, I still cannot believe that I have a teenager! LOL So, to celebrate all these accomplishments, we decided to treat the family to something we have never done before.
(My babies at Sea Life in Orlando)
If you have been following our adventures on social media, you might have noticed that we have been spending time exploring Central Florida and let me just say, as you can imagine, it has been beyond fun. Before we left on our Central Florida adventure, I made the decision not to haul along my heavy DSLR camera, but what would I do to capture so many precious family memories? Well, thanks to our recent partnership with Verizon and its service and reliability, I was able to capture my unique mobile lifestyle using my brand new Samsung Galaxy S8.
Must-Have Travel Tech Accessories
Because I know I am not the only one that uses their cell phone camera to capture family vacations, I decided to pass some of the wisdom acquire and share our must-have travel tech accessories. So, here we go, here are our must-have travel tech accessories that will make your travel trips easier, safer and overall, more enjoyable!
Top Must-Have Travel Tech: Smartphones
Smartphones: whether you are traveling locally or internationally, you know that your smartphone is the single most useful piece of technology in your luggage. Your smartphone doesn’t only keep you connected, it is also your camera, your video camera, your flashlight, your music player, your video player, and much more. For that and many other reasons, our top must-have travel tech is your smartphone. However, your smartphone is just the beginning. Once you have the perfect smartphone, you need to accessorize it.
Before we embarked on our last travel adventure, I decided to pay a visit to our local Verizon store and check out the latest and greatest travel tech available now. Although your smartphone can do everything a tablet can do, there still many of us who prefer to have a bigger screen to watch our favorite show while on the road. So, our next top must-have travel techs are tablets and hotspots. What I love about having a bigger screen tablet is that I use it to play a movie for the kids or let them play a game without them draining the battery on my phone. This goes for hotspots as well. My car is not equipped with WiFi capabilities, so having a hotspot is essential when we are traveling with our kids. The best part is that by having a tablet or a hotspot to share with the kids, they won’t slow down my phone. 🙂
Top Must-Have Travel Tech Accessories
Now that we have our smartphone, tablets, and hotspot, it is time to address all the accessories we will need while traveling. But wait, just because you are traveling doesn’t mean that you will have to haul a bunch of unnecessary accessories, oh no! Here are our MUST-Have accessories that will simplify any travelers’ journey.
- For starter, good smartphones are not cheap, so you must protect your investment with a good reliable phone case. Right now I am looking to purchase a juice pack air case, which not only protects my investment but also provides me with 33 total hours of connectivity.
- If you are traveling, you must have a lightning car charger or a travel power strip. These will charge your devices faster and some are even good when traveling internationally.
- Speaking of international travel, if you are traveling abroad, remember to pick up a universal travel adapter. By using one of these universal travel adapters, you can travel the world and still be able to keep your tech charged and ready to capture your adventures.
- On that note, don’t forget to pack your phone’s charging cord or pick up an extra wall charger to bring along with you. I know that this is simple, but you have no idea how many times we have tried to charge our devices only to find out our cord is busted.
- I don’t know about you, but when I travel I love to enjoy a movie or listen to some tunes while we wait to get to our destination. Therefore, a must-have for the entire family are noise-isolating earbuds.
- Finally, if you love to travel by car, you might want to look into getting a Verizon HUMx. The Humx gives you a smarter, safer and more connected drive. Decode engine lights and summon help with the push of a button. And with the Humx built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, you can easily connect up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices, letting passengers stream music, movies and shows. Pretty cool, right?
Whether you decide to bring your tablet, hotspot or the latest travel tech accessories on your next adventure, make sure you will use it, especially if you are traveling for a while or with kids in toe. If you think you will not use it leave it, it is one less thing to worry about when you are trying to have fun. One more tip, once you purchase an accessory to bring with you on your travels, make sure that you familiarize yourself with it and that it is in perfect working condition. What to share your Must-Have Travel Tech Accessories tips with us? Chime in via the comment section below.