The holiday season is nearing and the excitement of the season is filling our homes with happiness. This season doesn’t only mean spending time with our families, it also means that we get to prepare those delicious dishes we grew up enjoying. Since I love to find ways of mixing our native cuisine with those dishes that we have learned to enjoy while living in the United States. This year on our Christmas table, you will find a delicious turkey and a scrumptious oven baked chicken with its’ equally delicious side dishes: congris and yuca. And for the grand finale: apple pie and a cheese flan. Doesn’t it sound just divine? Today I want to share with you, our oven baked chicken recipe.
Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
So let’s get started, to make our oven baked chicken recipe you will need: 1 whole chicken, 1 medium size lemon, 4 rosemary leaves, 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, 4 whole garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste and 2 tablespoons of honey. Nothing complicated, right?
To prepare our oven baked chicken recipe, you need to begin by rinsing your chicken and drying it very well. You can dry your chicken with paper towels. Continue by placing your chicken in an aluminum foil paper-lined baking dish. Next, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is preheating… In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the following ingredients: butter, garlic, salt, honey and freshly ground black pepper. Next, remove rosemary leaves from stalks and set aside. Next, finely chop rosemary leaves and mix them into your butter mixture & garlic mixture. Grate lemon zest into the rosemary and butter mixture. Next, place rosemary leaves and sliced lemon inside the chicken. Next, gently separate the chicken’s breast skin and spread some rosemary and butter mixture under the skin and outside of the chicken. Next, use kitchen twine and tie the chicken legs together. Finally, bake your chicken for about 1 hour or until it is golden and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F. Before carving the chicken, let it rest for about 20 minutes. Carve the chicken and serve it with its’ side dishes.
If you decided to make this oven baked chicken recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it by dropping us a note in the comment section below. If you share on social media, be sure to tag us, we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy! Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino aquí.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 4 rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Rinse the chicken and dry chicken very well with kitchen paper towels.
- Place your chicken in an aluminum foil paper-lined baking dish.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix butter, garlic, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finely chop the rosemary leaves and mix them into the butter mixture.
- Grate lemon zest into the rosemary and butter mixture.
- Remove rosemary leaves from stalks and place them inside the main chicken cavity.
- Slice the lemon and place inside the main chicken cavity.
- Separate the skin from the meat of the chicken breasts.
- Spread the rosemary and butter mixture under the skin of the chicken and rub the remaining rosemary and butter mixture on the outside of the chicken.
- Using kitchen twine, tie the chicken legs together.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour or until it is golden and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Carve the chicken and serve with its side dishes.