Grilling season is almost here, or in our case, is it already here! Since we are in grilling season, I started thinking of the easiest way to get lunch or dinner ready by using our grill. This is what I came up with, Piña Colada Chicken Kabobs! What’s an easier way to get dinner ready than grabbing a few veggies, chicken, cutting them, skewering them and throwing in them on the grill? Nothing, right? Check out our delicious & recipe below.
Piña Colada Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 4-5 boneless Chicken breast
- 1 whole Pineapple
- 1 of each Red, Yellow and Orange Pepper
- 2 Red Onions
- 8 Long Skewer sticks
- 1 Cup of Pina colada mix
- 3 TBSP of Soy sauce
- 2 Tea Garlic powder
- 1 Tea of Cumin
- 1 Tea Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Roasted coconut to garnish on top of skewers
- Soak skewer sticks in water for 30 min. to prevent burning. In the mean while, turn on BBQ grill to med in heat.
- Cut Chicken into 1 inch thick chunks.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Cut the onions into chunks using the natural width of your onion as your guide.
- Cut the peppers and remove seeds, and remove ends on both sides.
- In a med. size bowl add Pina Colada mix, seasonings and soy sauce whisk to blend.
- Begin to assemble skewer pineapple first then chicken, onion and peppers. Repeat process leaving a 1 1/2 inches on both ends.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place skewers on the grill and begin to add the Pina colada sauce to each skewer while cooking. Rotate often while adding more and more sauce.
- Cook 15-20 min. turning often
- Sprinkle Roasted coconut on skewers once you pull them off the grill
That was easy, right? Well, not only is this Piña Colada Chicken Kabobs recipe super easy, but it is also delicious and kid-friendly as well. Get your grilling on and try this recipe, then come back and let us know how you liked it. Remember to leave a comment in the comment section below or tag us on social media, we will make sure to like it and share it with everyone. Happy Grilling everyone! 🙂