I love this time of year! The hustle and bustle of the school year has finally ended and we are able to spend time together relaxing and making new family memories. Just because Summer is here, it doesn’t mean that our schedule has become less active, oh no! Not only is our family enjoying new experiences & discovering new places, but this summer our family is also expanding, NOT me! 🙂 My younger sister is welcoming a new member to her family and this means that we are in the midst of full on celebrations & preparations.
This weekend, we finally had the opportunity to reunite and celebrate my sister’s new bundle of joy with a small girl’s get together. We had an amazing time sharing parenting anecdotes, tips and of course catching up on our daily lives. What is the best part of a celebration? Food! Not only we enjoyed the time together but we also enjoyed delicious Latin American food. Inspired by this celebration I decided to make my version of Kefir Caramel Flan. My Kefir Caramel Flan recipe is simple, it is quick to prepared and delicious. My Kefir Caramel flan has a sweet almost cheesy texture to it, perfect with a cafecito con leche (coffee with milk).
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup of Lifeway Kefir cultured lowfat milk smoothie
- 1 (14 oz.) can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. In a heavy skillet , over medium to high heat cook and stir sugar until melted and caramel-colored, around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carefully, pour into a square or round baking dish (I use a pie baking dish), tilling to coat bottom completely and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, Kefir cultured lowfat milk smoothie, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pour mixture into prepared caramel baking dish. Set Kefir Caramel Flan custard baking dish in a another longer & deeper baking dish. Pour hot water into the second baking dish until it reaches half way up the side of the custard baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove Kefir Caramel Flan from water, carefully. Cool completely, chill several hours, serve and enjoy!
Why should you choose Lifeway Kefir? Lifeway Kefir contains 12 live and active Probiotic cultures that support the immune system and balance digestive health. It is naturally Gluten Free, 99% Lactose Free and contains No Artificial Sweeteners and is rich in Calcium. Lifeway only uses milk that comes from cows that are not treated with pesticides, antibiotics, or synthetic growth hormones. The cows are grass fed and GMO free.
Lifeway Kefir cultured lowfat milk smoothie can be purchased at your local Winn-Dixie Supermarket in the dairy aisle next to the regular milk, soy milk and organic milk. Lifeway Kefir cultured lowfat milk smoothie flavors include plain (unsweetened), blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry, although my local Winn-Dixie supermarket only carries Plain and Strawberry. You can also sign up for Lifeway Kefir newsletter and enjoy coupons & extra savings emailed right to you.
I was so excited to let my friends and family try my Kefir Caramel Flan recipe and fortunately, it was a BIG hit. Everyone complemented my delicious #KefirCreations and my non-sweets, non-dessert eating mother had seconds, this is how good my Kefir Caramel Flan is! 🙂 But the most important part for me is that, my flan is not only delicious, it has the benefits of Lifeway Kefir probiotics, which can help maintain a strong immune systems. Now you can have your cake and eat it too! 🙂 Thank you #CollectiveBias for introducing me and my family to Lifeway Kefir cultured lowfat milk smoothie.