I love to make recipes that are quick, easy & simple and if they happen to be affordable, then that is a super plus in my book. When I was young, my mom used to make rice pancakes for breakfast on the weekends. Now that I am a grown up, these pancakes, take me back to a simpler time in my life. Rice pancakes are the perfect recipe for leftover rice, hey, who says that you can make a meal from left overs? 🙂 Rice pancakes can be eaten on their own for breakfast or served as a side dish for dinner, but the best part is that from start to finished, these pancakes take less than 10 minutes to be ready. Rice pancakes are delicious (just take a look at the image below), they are crunchy, have the right amount of saltiness and flavoring.
- 2 cups of chilled left over rice (from the night before)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- Tomatoes, shredded cheese, chunky salsa or ketchup (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Optional, at this point you can add a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Add the chilled rice to the whisked eggs, make sure that there are no chunks left.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Pour in enough egg and rice mixture to make the shape of desired pancake into the hot skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve your rice pancakes with tomatoes, shredded cheese, chunky salsa or ketchup.
What do you think of my quick & easy rice pancakes? As I mentioned above, these pancakes can be done in a few minutes. Therefore, you can make extras and enjoy them throughout the week as a quick & easy breakfast, snack, or even as you lunch. Yes, just add a few more toppings, such as a salad and you have a complete meal. Think about it, eggs provide lean protein and the rice provides healthy carbs. If you try my quick & easy rice pancakes, come back and share your thoughts on them. Enjoy!