Oh, how we love the Fall season! Not only cause the kids get to dress as their favorite superhero, character or princess, nope that’s not the entire reason. It is because we get to enjoy the many different flavors of the season. One of my favorite ways to celebrate this season is enjoying some of the loot they collected on Halloween day, after all, who said that only kids get to enjoy a chocolatey sweet here and there? 🙂 Another way I get to enjoy this season is by making special treats for and with the kiddos. Some of our favorite treats are these yummy skulls and bone treats or these cupcakes in a jar. Of course, we don’t stop by just making just those treats, we also put out leftover candy and our favorite breakfast staple to work. Today, we are sharing our beyond kid-friendly, very easy to prepare and perfect for you fall celebrations, our Rice Krispie Pumpkin Treats Recipe.
Rice Krispie Pumpkin Treats Recipe
- 6 Cups Rice Cereal
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 10 Ounces Marshmallows
- Rolos Chocolate Candy
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Red Food Coloring
- Heat butter on medium heat, and all of the marshmallows.
- Stir marshmallows and butter non-stop until marshmallows are fully melted.
- Remove from heat. Add four drops of yellow food coloring and two drops of red.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl that contains yours rice cereal.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray.
- Form rice mixture into balls with hands.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Take formed balls from refrigerator and gently press thumb into top of the ball.
- Place Rolo on top of balls and place M&M’s accordingly.
Easy, right? And yummy too! Hope you and your kids make our version of this delicious fall treat and if you do, be sure to come back and let us know how they liked our Rice Krispie Pumpkin Treats Recipe by dropping us a note in the comment section below. If you happen to post your version on social media, be sure to tag us we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!