The Holidays are a hectic time of the year, however, this doesn’t mean that you cannot have a hearty, warm and yummy breakfast everyday. Just imagine the savory taste of an sausage, egg and cheese muffin in the morning with a side of a warm coffee and milk? Yumm, doesn’t that sound tasty? It sure does to me and for that matter, I would even have it for brunch or dinner. 🙂 Well, today I would love to share with you our easy (yet, full of flavor) Sausage, Egg and Cheese Recipe and the best part is that you can make an extra batch or two, keep it in the fridge and enjoy it all week long.
Ingredients: (Yields 12)
- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about 3⁄4 of the way full with the hash browns. Press with your fingers to mold the hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
- Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
- To freeze: Let cool for two hours, then place muffins in a ziploc gallon bag until you’re ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast.
I love to be able to get up and to eat something that is both tasty and delicious without too much effort. This is why I love this recipe so much, it is the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch menu. By making it ahead it gives me the liberty to reheat them in the microwave and enjoy it with my freshly brewed coffee, nothing complicated about that, right? Hope you enjoy this recipe and come back and share with us your findings!