I cannot believe that summer break is almost over, honestly, I am not ready for my babies to go back to school. Since, I am planning on squeezing every single minute of what is left of our summer break, I am planning a bunch of outdoor activities for the family to enjoy together. We have many Summer traditions that we do every single summer, for instant playing outside, vacationing up north, and playing at the pool or the beach. Fun, fun, fun, right? Well, one thing that cannot be missed from our Summer is enjoying our fun Summer S’more. And why do we call our S’mores Fun Summer S’mores? Because we go and play outside and as the sunsets, we bring out our little Webber grill and we roast our marshmallows. It is totally fun and for me, the best part is the we get to make fun summer memories together.
Summer Fun and Yummy Treats!
If you have run out of things to do this summer, but are looking for way to keep the summer fun rolling. I want to share with you some ideas that can help you keep having fun before the Summer officially closes and hey, to keep the kiddos entertained. 🙂
Outdoor Summer Fun ideas:
- Take a bike ride as a family. Break out the bikes and go on a bike ride around the neighborhood.
- Go fishing as a family. Break out the fishing gear, go to the nearest lake or beach and have fun together.
- Family obstacle course. Make your own fun and make a fun obstacle course in your backyard. All you need is a few hula hoops, robes and a little bit of imagination.
- Visit your local zoo or animal rescue. Head on over to your nearest local zoo or animal rescue center and learn more about the animals there.
- Summer outdoor movie. Get your neighborhood involve and make it an outdoor movie night. All you need is a movie projector and a wall to project the movie. Grab the launch chair and have fun.
- Local park fun. Head over to your local park and watch a game of soccer or play at the playground.
- Summer Tourist in your city. Play tourist in your own city. Visit the local museums, historical venues and locations.
All these ideas won’t cost you more than a few bucks and your kids will have loads of fun. Summer goes by rather quickly and after having all that fun outside, you might be tired but their energy might still be at 100%. So, even during those summer night, you don’t have to stop having fun. Oh, no! This is where our Fun Summer S’more comes in. Making S’more is super easy and the kids will have all the fun putting them together and enjoying them under the Summer night sky.
Fun Summer S’mores Recipe:
- 5 jumbo marshmallows (one for each member of the family)
- 5 graham crackers, broken into halves (two halves for each member of the family)
- 3 HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz.), broken into halves (one half for every member of the family, mommy gets one chocolate bar for herself. 🙂 )
- Place 1/2 of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bar (1.55 oz.) on graham cracker half.
- With much parental supervision: Carefully toast marshmallow over a Webber grill.
- Place toasted marshmallow over chocolate. Top with second graham cracker half; gently press together.
- Enjoy and repeat. 🙂
S’mores are yummy, ooey, gooey and the best way to spent Summer nights with your little ones. These are the best way to make family memories and create family traditions that will last a lifetime. What is your Summer fun tradition? Do you also make S’mores like my family does? If you do, Hershey’s wants to help you create a #VeranoHersheys. Right now, you can head over to the Verano Hershey’s Webpage HERE and enter their Summer Grilling Giveaway, where you can win a Weber® Smokey Joe® Charcoal Grill with HERSHEY’S Brand Logo and one (1) Extension Fork.