Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! We try to encourage our kiddos to be close, nice & respectful to each other & their friends. During the past few weeks we have been preparing for Valentine’s day, from doing things together to decorating & making simple DIY Valentine’s activities at home. Just the other day we made this simple & cute Valentine’s Day DIY paper plate card holder, so the boys could take with them to school & have a place to put their Valentine’s day cards from them to their friends & from their friends to them! Today I am going to tell you how we did it!
What we use:
- Paper plates (any size)
- Needle & thread
- Valentine’s Day heart template, you can print our template HERE
- Red ribbon
What we did:
- Cut a hole on one of the plates, you can do a v-shape (heart shape), or a u-shape, just make sure you don’t have sharp edges.
- Take the UN-cut plate and place it face-to-face with the cut plate (creating a pocket). Sew the plates together, you can also staple the plates together.
- Glue the Valentine’s Day heart template onto both side of the plates.
- Cut ribbon or string to size and saw it into place.
Our final step, was to decorate the pops the boys were going to give their friends. Once again we made this simple, we printed cupid and glued it on the pops. We finally placed the decorated pops inside our Valentine’s Day DIY paper plate card holder & we were all done for Valentine’s Day 2014! You can see the final product on the image below. You can also print our pop template HERE