Whether you are hosting a football, soccer, or basketball game day, make your house party central with these 3 Tasty Recipes to Make this Game Day.
Sponsored Post: This post is sponsored by Hillshire Farm but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Game season is here! Whether you are hosting a football, soccer, or basketball game day or a small gathering or a large one that just the beginning. Because the hardest part of any game day is coming up with a menu everyone will love, right? Well, for me game day has to be about the people you get to enjoy these game with and since I love making kid and grown-up friendly options. Plus, these options have to be super easy to prepare because I too want to enjoy the game, I have come up with 3 tasty recipes to make this game day that not only the kids will love but the grownups will love them too.
3 Tasty Recipes to Make this Game Day!
Let’s kick off our game day recipes with our first recipe, which is inspired by the Cuban Pan con bistec sandwich. I called this recipe the Tyson ® Any’tizers ® Snacks sliders and to prepare it all you need is some Tyson® Any’tizers® Boneless Chicken Wyngz, whichever of the varieties you prefer. This time I went with the Honey BBQ variety because, in my opinion, it goes well with the blue cheese spread on the bread. It is YUMMY! See the recipe below.
Tyson® Any’tizers® Boneless Chicken Wyngz (Honey BBQ) Sliders
- 1 package Tyson® Any’tizers® Boneless Chicken Wyngz (Honey BBQ).
- 1 package of slider buns (12 buns).
- 4 tablespoon blue cheese refrigerated chunky dressing.
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, julienne or shredded.
- 1 cup canned shoestring potatoes.
- Cut the bread lengthwise.
- Spread the bread pieces with blue cheese.
- Heat the Tyson® Any’tizers® Boneless Chicken Wyngz (Honey BBQ) according to the packaging instructions.
- Slice the Tyson® Any’tizers® Boneless Chicken Wyngz (Honey BBQ) in halves and place them on the slider bread.
- Layer on top with lettuce and shoestring potatoes.
Isn’t that recipes just so delicious and easy to prepare? Yum! Let’s continue with our second game day recipes with something that cannot be missed from any of our gatherings. Pico de Gallo or fresh salsa is a typical central American salsa and to make it all you need are some chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, fresh serrano or jalapeno peppers and lime juice. Pretty simple right? And Pico de Gallo goes perfectly with Tyson ® Crispy Chicken Strips. Delicious! To make Pico de Gallo all you need are the following ingredients:
Pico de Gallo or Salsa Fresca Recipe
- 1 medium tomato, diced.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- Salt to taste
Now to make pico de Gallo, all you need to do is combine diced tomato, chopped onion, chopped jalapeno pepper (to taste,) and chopped cilantro in a medium bowl. Then, season with salt to taste and lemon juice. Toss to combine evenly. Finally, topped your Tyson ® Crispy Chicken Strips with a good serving of pico de gallo, which goes well with a nice serving of fresh tortilla chips. You can also enjoy pico de gallo on your celery sticks, just like my kids do. Pico de gallo can be stored for up to 3 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Finally, our third and final recipe is something my youngest boy loves to eat. For our third game day recipe, we are making Hillshire Farm® Guacamole & Lunchmeat Rollups. These rollups are super easy to make and can be customized to your own liking. All you need to make these Hillshire Farm® Guacamole & Lunchmeat Rollups are the following.
Hillshire Farm® Guacamole & Lunchmeat Rollups
- Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey, make sure they are the thin sliced.
- Guacamole freshly prepared or store bought.
- Thinly sliced tomato, any kind of tomatoes will do.
- 2-3 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Now to prepare these roll-up, all you have to do is put the tortillas on a flat surface; spread some of the guacamole mixture over the tortillas. Topped tortillas with sliced Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey. Next, top the sliced turkey with thinly sliced tomatoes and start roll in. Roll up your tortilla, carefully and making sure the sliced turkey and tomatoes roll with your tortilla. Secure your rolled tortillas with toothpicks and cut about every 2 inches.
What do you think of our 3 Tasty Recipes to Make this Game Day? I personally love that they are pretty easy to prepare, so you can have more time to enjoy your guests and of course the big game. Plus, the best part is that you can find all these ingredients at your local Walmart store, where you can save tons on your groceries.