I love how comforting a bowl of macaroni and cheese can make you feel anytime of the day. At my house, I am not the only one that feels this way. On a weekly basis, you will find some macaroni and cheese served at dinner. Well, if making macaroni and cheese wasn’t easy enough, my beloved Instant Pot pressure cooker makes it even easy to prepare and therefore, to enjoy it as well. To prepare this simple 4 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe, all you need are a few basic ingredients and your handy pressure cooker.
4 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 Pound 16 ounces of elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup of half-n-half or whole milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, cheddar or mild cheddar & mozzarella
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- sea salt to taste
- Place the macaroni into the pressure cooker's inner liner.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon of butter and salt to taste.
- Put the lid on and turn the Steam Release valve to sealing.
- Press the "MANUAL" button and +/- to 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot pressure cooker is done, "Quick Release" the steam by turning the Steam Release valve to venting.
- Carefully open the lid and leave the "keep warm" setting on.
- Add half-n-half or milk, the rest of the butter and stir.
- Finally, add half a cup of shredded cheese at a time and stir until cheese melts, repeat until all cheese has been added and melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note, you can add 1 or 2 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of dry mustard powder when you add the milk and butter to the macaroni. We don’t add these additional ingredients because the kids don’t like them in their macaroni and cheese.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Click here to find more!
So, what do you think of this super easy to prepare and deliciously creamy 4 Minute Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe? Not only is it easy and simply delicious, is it guaranteed to delight everyone in your household. Please let us know via the comment section below.
Click HERE to Pin this post for later!