My family and I really enjoy preparing special dishes for our 4th of July celebrations, after all, a festivity without delicious food is just half the fun! 🙂 And since 4th of July is just a few hours away, today I want to share with you a very simple recipe that you can enjoy with your friends and loved ones on your upcoming Independence day celebration. kabobs, hamburgers, and hot dogs are a big part of any 4th of July family barbecue and I assure you that these Fruit Skewers will be as big as those staples and an ever bigger hit with all your guests. So, let’s get started.
4th of July Fruit Skewers
This 4th of July Fruit Skewers recipe is not only delicious and refreshing dessert, it is also the perfect dessert for the entire family, including the little ones of the house. By the way, to make it even more fun for them, let them help with the preparation and arrangement of the ingredients. So what do you need for this simple recipe? You will need 10-15 skewers: 10 inches long meat skewers; 90 Blueberries; 90 Mini marshmallow minis; 45 square pieces of watermelon. To form these fruit skewers, all you need to do is the following:
- 10-15 skewers: 10 inches long meat skewers
- 90 Blueberries
- 90 Mini marshmallow minis
- 45 square pieces of watermelon
- Wash the blueberries well and make sure they are dry.
- Cut your watermelon into cubes 1"or 2" inches.
- Place 2 blueberries on a skewer, followed by a piece of watermelon, followed by two mini marshmallows, followed by two blueberries, followed by a piece of watermelon, followed by two mini marshmallows, followed by two blueberries and finally a piece of watermelon.
- Continue with this pattern until the end and serve.
- You can accompany your fruit kabobs with caramel dip or chocolate.
I invite you to try this recipe and be sure to come back and share with us how much you, your family, and your guests liked our 4th of July Fruit Skewers recipe by dropping us a note in the comment section below. Or, if you share on social media, be sure to tag us, and we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!
Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino aquí.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.