Although the new school year began months ago, this week my boys began a new chapter in their little school lives. You see, this school year hasn’t been easy for our tween or for that matter, all of us. However, after months of coaching, talking, praying and applying to different schools in our area, they boys were accepted into an amazing school. This news alone was enough to put a BIG smile on faces and because I always want to see my babies (well, not so babies anymore), smile. I decided to head to the store and purchase everything they would need to make a delicious after school snack to commemorate this occasion.
Be Happy Cereal Treats
My boys love, love, love cereal treats. So, preparing them a special snack that involved some kind of cereal was not a hard to do task. To make these truly easy Be Happy Cereal Treats, all you need are the following ingredients: 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows, 6 cups Cheerios cereal, Decorating gel and Assorted candies. Then to put everything together, just follow the recipe below.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package, 10 oz., about 40 Marshmallows
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- Decorating gel
- Assorted candies
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Once marshmallows melt, remove from heat.
- Add Cheerios cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using butter spatula, pour cereal onto a wax paper lined 15 x 10 pan. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into desired shapes. Decorate with decorating gel and top with candies.
That was easy, right? And trust me your kids would love these treats for after school or for Valentine’s day. If you decided to make this yummy Be Happy Cereal Treats recipe, come back and let us know how you liked them by dropping us a note in the comment section below. Or, if you share on social media, be sure to tag us, we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!