Easy Chicken Fajitas
Let’s begin with the fajitas themselves… To make these fajitas, all you need is boneless skinless chicken breast, some oil, bell peppers, and an Old El Paso Fajita Dinner kit. The Old El Paso Fajita kit contains everything you need to get your fajitas done in a flash. Check out the entire Easy Chicken Fajitas recipe below.
- 1 Pound of uncooked boneless skinless chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable Oil.
- 3 medium bell peppers: red, green and yellow, sliced.
- 1 Old El Paso Fajita Dinner Kit.
- Optional toppings: Guacamole, sour cream or cheese
- Cut chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to your hot skillet, cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir in Fajita seasoning mix (from Fajita kit) and bell peppers.
- Cook uncover for 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir often.
- Heat Tortillas from Fajita kit in your microwave for 3 to 5 minutes or in the oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas and top with your favorite topping and fajita sauce.
To compliment our fajitas, our go-to topping is our favorite guacamole. Nicaraguan-Style Guacamole is simple to make and unlike other guacamoles, it packs a more protein. Here is the entire Nicaraguan-Style Guacamole recipe.
- (2) small Haas avocados from Mexico peeled & diced
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 medium eggs, hard boiled
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Dice your avocado and place in a bowl.
- Dice your Roma tomato, place diced tomato in with the avocado, mix well and add fresh lemon juice.
- Set aside for a few minutes to let the lemon juice combined with the other ingredients. Finally, diced your hard boiled egg and combined well with avocado mixture. Serve and enjoy!
Also, be sure to come back and let us know how your family liked our chicken fajitas and our Nicaraguan-style guacamole by dropping us a note in the comment section below or by tagging us on social media. We will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!