I love to make simple meals for my family, although simple in their execution, I want my recipes to be full of flavor. What is more simple than to make Corn and Black Bean Baked Taquitos? Today, I want to share with you a simple, yet full of flavor Corn and Black Bean Baked Taquitos recipe. This recipe can be done for a quick lunch, easy weeknight dinner or for a fast and easy brunch on the weekends. The best part is that the kids would not only love them but will want to part take on preparing their next meal. And the best part, mommy doesn’t have to fight with them to eat it too. 🙂 Please continue reading for a full list of ingredients and directions.
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1 ⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons minced pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, finely shredded
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until kernels begin to brown and pop, 3 to 5 minutes; transfer corn to medium bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the now-empty skillet over medium heat until shimmering; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute; stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Return corn to skillet and toss to combine; gently press mixture with spatula to lightly crush black beans.
- Transfer mixture a medium bowl, stir in jalapeños and lime juice.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions until soft and pliable. Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling and 1 tablespoon of cheese onto the lower third of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side-down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Use remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil to brush the tops of the taquitos lightly, and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake 14-17 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and golden-brown. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
If you love this Corn and Black Bean Baked Taquitos Recipe, please share with us your thoughts with us by dropping us a note in the comment section below.