Learn to make the Easiest Stovetop Mac and Cheese Recipe ever! It so easy to prepare and so cheeselicious.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of UF/IFAS. The opinions and text are all mine.
Who doesn’t love a warm and cheesy bowl or in this case, a plate of delicious mac and cheese? Our family loves mac and cheese, in my opinion, it is the ultimate comfort food and extremely versatile. You can make real mac and cheese with as many and few ingredients as you want. Plus, you can enjoy mac and cheese for lunch or dinner. Today I want to share with you the easiest stovetop mac and cheese recipe ever. Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, from start to finish, it takes only 20 minutes to make. And it cheesy goodness is divine and it only uses 4 ingredients!
Wait, did I say it only takes 20 minutes to prepare and all you need is 4 ingredients? Yes, that’s right! So, let’s get started.
- 16 ounces of your favorite pasta: whole wheat, or regular macaroni or any pasta you have at home.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, Suggested: Use block cheese and shred at home
- 2 cup low-fat or nonfat milk
- ½ cup of regular flour
- Salt and pepper to taste, salt is optional if you are watching your salt intake
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a medium measuring bowl, whisk together ½ cup of milk and flour until there are no lumps.
- In a medium saucepan, stir in flour and milk mixture, a bit of salt and pepper; Now slowly whisk in the rest of the milk.
- Cook on medium high and stir until sauce is bubbly.
- Once the sauce thickens, remove from direct heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Once the sauce is done, drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce to the macaroni and stir until macaroni and cheese sauce is well-blended.
- Serve in a bowl or plate and top with a bit of cheddar and parmesan cheese.
Easy, right? As you can see this recipe doesn’t include the classic butter and cream than regular mac and cheese uses. It also uses low-fat milk and cheese, childhood obesity is a big concern across the nation and eating healthy starts at home. I like to make these easy recipes that can be done in less than 20 minutes and without having to rely on eating processed products.