Dinner time is always hectic around here, between getting homework done and afternoon soccer practices. Well, there isn’t much time left for elaborate dinners. Just the other day, while pondering on what to prepare for the family to enjoy. I remember that it had been a while since I made my easy and delicious Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce. Well, since my kiddos love pasta and I love preparing easy and delicious meals, I decided to grab a few ingredients and make this easy, everyone-would-love-it recipe.
To make my Easy Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce recipe all you need is less than an hour (from start to finish), some cheese, jumbo shells and your favorite marinara sauce. Trust me when I say this, this recipe is beyond easy to prepare. I guarantee you, your supper will be done by the time your kiddos are finishing up their homework. Yup, it is that easy and you don’t have to babysit it that much. 🙂 Check out the entire recipe below.
Easy Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce Recipe
- 8 dried jumbo regular pasta shells
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 oz.) fat-free or reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (5 oz.) Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 jar (25 oz.) Mezzetta® Napa Valley Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce
- Prepare jumbo regular pasta shells according to package directions.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and pepper.
- Stuff each shell evenly with the cheese mixture.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with sauce.
- Place your stuffed shells over your sauce and pour the rest of the Mezzetta® Napa Valley Tomato & Sweet Basil jar over the shells.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top your shells with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 3-5 minutes and serve. Pair your shells with a salad and/or bread sticks and dinner is done. Enjoy!
What do you thinking of our Easy Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce recipe? Doesn’t it sound tasty? It doesn’t only sound tasty, it is delicious. The combination of the cheeses and the tomatoes, give this dish an appetizing taste everyone will love.
Yes, including the kids! So, what are you waiting for grab your ingredients and make an extra batch or two for our Easy Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce! Also, be sure to come back and let us know how your family liked our Easy Cheese-Stuffed Shells in Tomato & Sweet Basil Sauce by dropping us a note in the comment section below or by tagging us on social media. We will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!