I love this time of the year, the weather is getting cooler and we are getting ready to celebrate another holiday season with the family. Growing up in my home country of Nicaragua, my grandmother used to prepared turrones de maiz for us kids. These special treats are made with popcorn & Panela Brown Sugar Cane and shape into a ball, its taste is unforgettable. Since this time of the year gets me a little nostalgic & since Halloween is just days away, I decided to treat my kiddos to a delicious and easy Franken-Berry Cereal Treats and shape them just the way my grandmother used to do with her turrones de maiz. When I say that these treats are easy, I am not getting you, keep reading to find my recipe below.
- 5 cups of Franken-Berry Cereal.
- 1/4 cup of Butter or Margarine.
- 7 oz. Marshmallow Creme jar.
- Lightly grease a muffin baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter in medium-to-low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add a whole 7 oz. jar of Marshmallow creme. Make sure butter and marshmallow creme combine well together and continue to stir.
- Add 5 cups of Franken-Berry Cereal to the butter and marshmallow mixture and gently combined everything together.
- Pour the Franken-berry marshmallow mixture to each individual muffin cup. Press the cereal well to form the balls.
- Allow cereal treats to cool down and serve.
My Franken-Berry Cereal Treats version is great for breakfast, as a quick snack, or for an after dinner dessert. You can make this recipe with any of your favorite Monsters cereal. The best part is that now that Halloween is coming, you can create your own ghoulishly tasty treats, just add a few plastic spiders or candy apple sauce and you are set.
Which is your favorite treat to create for Halloween?
Disclosure:The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.