Breakfast tacos made with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and salsa are the perfect lunch or early dinner option. Enjoy this Easy Scrambled Eggs and Bacon Tacos Recipe that everyone would love.
I don’t like cooking complicated meals that take so long that by the time you sit down to enjoy them, you are utterly exhausted. Therefore, my mission is to integrate simple and flavorful meals into our family’s breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. So, let me ask you this: How easy it is to have a hearty breakfast for dinner meal? Well, for me the answer is simple, it is super easy! We are huge fans of breakfast for lunch or for dinner and since breakfast meals can easily prepare within a matter of minutes, the best option for me, is to integrate a hearty and full of protein breakfast option and turn it into a dinner meal. Last night, I was looking for something easy to make with ingredients that were already in my refrigerator and pantry. After looking at what I had at hand, I decided to make easy scrambled eggs and bacon tacos recipe. After all, everyone in my family loves tacos, and the best part is, that I didn’t have to get in the car and drive to the shop to grab the necessary ingredients. 😉
Easy Scrambled Eggs and Bacon Tacos Recipe
My easy scrambled eggs and bacon tacos recipe is so simple to prepare, I guarantee you that all the necessary ingredients needed for this meal are already in your fridge. Here we go:
- 1 small Roma tomato, diced.
- 1 small onion, diced.
- Jennie-O Turkey Bacon.
- 8 medium eggs, lightly whisked.
- Small yellow corn Tortillas.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- optional: Chunky Salsa & Sour Cream.
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and place it in a plate to allow to fat to drain and set a side. Reserve a few teaspoons of bacon fat in your skillet.
- Dice your tomatoes and onion, combined and set aside. Add diced tomatoes & onion to your skillet and cook until onions are golden.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs lightly and set aside.
- Once the bacon is easy to handle, chopped and add to the whisked eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and combined.
- Add the egg and bacon mixture to the diced tomato & onions already in your skillet. Cook gently until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees. Place your corn tortillas in a cookie sheet and heat for about 3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Assemble your tacos, topped the tacos with chunky salsa and sour cream and enjoy!
What do you think of this easy and delicious, yet full of protein meal? What is your favorite quick & easy dinner to serve your family? Chime in by dropping us a note in the comment section below.