Looking for a fresh and delicious recipe? These Taco Stuffed Peppers are such an easy weeknight dinner that are packed with flavor and everyone will love!
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Once an upon of time, my husband worked as a chef-aid at a fancy Italian restaurant. There he picked up a few trick of the trade, as well as, some amazing from scratch recipes. Most of the week, I am in charge of making most of the meals in our household, but a few times a week he gets the cooking done. 🙂 Through the years, we have incorporated some of those meals he learned to make back in the day and others we have taken what he learned and added a few extra things to make them to our liking. Before I met him, I had never had stuffed peppers, but today I am happy to report that this comfort dish has become one of our family favorites. Today I am going to show you how to make one of our favorite ways to enjoy two our favorites fresh ingredients, peppers, and tomatoes with this Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe.
Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3-6 medium to large bell peppers, Green, Red, and Yellow Peppers are our favorites
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of tomatoes or two medium tomatoes
- 1.5 cup cooked white rice
- 1.5 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- To prepare the peppers:
- Half the peppers in halves, and remove veins and seeds.
- In a big pot, boil water. Once the water has boiled, put all your pepper halves and boiled them for 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are flexible.
- Once the peppers are flexible, remove from the boiling water and drain the water from the peppers.
- Set peppers aside.
- For the taco filling:
- In a large skillet and over medium heat, add olive oil and cook chopped onions until onions are translucent and soft. Once Onions are translucent, add minced garlic and mix the two together for combine the flavors.
- Add ground beef turkey to your onions and garlic mixture and brown the ground turkey. Make sure to break the ground turkey apart as it cooks. Drain off the grease, if any in the pan.
- Next, add the taco seasonings to the ground turkey and follow the directions on the package.
- Once the taco meat is ready, add fresh diced tomatoes and cooked rice and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Next, with a big spoon, stuffed your peppers with the taco meat and rice mixture. Make sure to fill all the nook and crannies.
- Top your peppers with the shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Place peppers into a greased casserole and bake for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Optional: low broil your peppers for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
As you can see, preparing this recipe is so easy to do and in less than 30 minutes lunch or dinner can be ready on the table. As you may know, I have lived in the south Florida area for most of my life. One advantage to living in Florida is enjoying amazing fruits and veggies in every color of the rainbow thanks to our local Farmers. They make it so easy for everyone to eat fresh produce all year-round.
Besides having access to so many fruit and veggies. Another reason I love this recipe and stuffed peppers, as a matter of fact, is because of its flavor. Oh, yeah, this easy Taco Stuffed Peppers recipe is so flavorful. Stuffed peppers are so versatile, you can add a few ingredients here and there and presto! You have a brand new recipe made to your liking.
Click HERE to Pin this Post for later!
So, what do you think of our delicious and easy to prepare Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers recipe? Or share with us how your family enjoys stuffed peppers. Would love to incorporate some of your favorites.