Enjoy these finger lickin’ good Easy Tailgate Party Buffalo Wings on your next BIG game get-together.
Will you be hosting a tailgate party this weekend? If you are a seasoned tailgater, you know that if you are hosting a tailgate party, you always have to be prepared for everything! From arriving 3-5 hours before kickoff time to setting up your station to cooking. To finally, enjoying the time before the big even with a few games of your own and spending time with your friends and family. Hey, but what is a tailgate party without delicious finger-liking foods, right? To make this a simple a process, I prepare ahead of time by shopping at my local BJ’s Wholesale club. From picking up the utensils, cups, plates, garbage bags (cause you know you will need lots of those) to getting the delicious foods. Yes, a tailgate party cannot be without burgers, hot dogs, carne asada, chips, drinks and my make ahead Easy Tailgate Party Buffalo Wings Recipe because I want to be as prepare as possible and not have to wait around until the burgers and hot dogs are done. 🙂 So, if you answered yes to the question above, today I want to share with you this Easy Tailgate Party Buffalo Wings Recipe.
Easy Tailgate Party Buffalo Wings Recipe
To make this recipe as easy to prepare as possible, I begin by purchasing chicken wings from the BJ’s Wholesale club frozen section. These wings have already been trimmed plus they are the perfect bite size. Before you do anything, I go ahead and defrost the wings, I do this by placing the wings in a container and leaving them in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight if needed. Then I go ahead and follow the recipe below.
- 2 1/2 pounds of chicken wings, flats and drums from the frozen section
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, if you don't have pepper flakes, you can use paprika
- ½ cup Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the un-frozen wings with salt and pepper and set aside. In a bowl, add the hot sauce, garlic, melted butter, honey, and red pepper flakes.
- In a gallon-sized sealable bag, combine the chicken wings and the sauce. Seal the bag and mix the sauce and chicken until well combined. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the chicken marinate.
- In a glass baking dish, arrange chicken pieces in single file. Cover the chicken with the remaining sauce.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place your chicken on the top rack of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken.
- Transfer your chicken to a broiling pan and broil 2-4 minutes on each side or until your meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest. Hint: if your chicken seems dry, brush the wings with more sauce. Serve it with some celery, carrots, blue cheese, ranch dipping sauce, or with our favorite potato wedges.
So, tell me which is your go-to tailgating party food? How do you put your own spin on this favorite American pastime? What kind of games do you host before the BIG game? Share with us your tips and tricks by dropping us a note in the comment section below.
Click HERE to Pin this post for later!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by BJ’s. All opinions are 100% my own.