How was your Cinco de Mayo? Ours was tasty and troublesome, what a combination! Why troublesome, you ask? Well, I wanted to share with you all my dinner creation last night, but it was nearly impossible. My computer and my phone were not collaborating until this morning when I finally was able to import my pictures over to my computer. Now to the tasty part… Our friends at Jennie-O sent us one 20 ounce pack of their taco seasoned ground turkey, one pack of Wholly Guacamole and one can of Herdez salsa casera to help with our Cinco de Mayo fiesta. While making tacos is my easy go-to recipe, I wanted to try and make something I hadn’t tried before. I began to think of what I could make & that everyone would enjoy, it also had to be an easy recipe to pull out on a weeknight. My solution was to make Easy Turkey Nachos. And why are these nachos easy? Well, most probably everything in this recipe you already have at hand, I also made the nacho chips from corn Tortillas to give them that unique homemade feel. Check out my recipe below.
- 1 package Jennie-o Lean Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey 20 oz.
- Corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- Cooking spray
- Wholly Guacamole 8 oz.
- Mexican crumbling cheese 12 oz.
- Salsa casera, small can
- Cook turkey as specified on the package. Make sure it is cooked throughout or it is 165°F (as measured by a meat thermometer).
- Moist corn tortillas with a bit of water and set aside. Heat a large skillet (medium-high heat), spray skillet with cooking spray, and cook tortilla quarters in batches 1 to 2 minutes per side or until desired crispiness.
- Arrange tortilla wedges on serving plate. Top with turkey, guacamole, crumbling cheese & salsa casera and enjoy!
The combination of the guacamole, the crumbling cheese, and salsa casera give this nachos a very unique flavor and the crunchiness of the corn tortillas give these Easy Turkey Nachos the final touch. If you want to get more savory recipes, I invite you to visit the Jennie-O website. You can also connect with Jennie-O via the Jennie-O Facebook page.
Disclosure: I did not receive any monetary compensation, however, I did receive the product mention above. Jennie-O is responsible for prize fulfillment. All express opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.