Who doesn’t like a good celebration? In, my opinion everyone does, especially, when you celebrate with your family and there is good food to enjoy! From September 15 to October 15, the United States celebrates National Hispanic Heritage month. The National Hispanic Heritage month, celebrates the accomplishments, history and culture from Latin-speaking countries to the United States. But, why September 15? September 15 was chosen as the beginning of this month-long celebration because it marks the independence date of Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. Additionally, Mexico, Chile and Belize celebrate their Independence on September 16, 18, and 21. To celebrate our Hispanic traditions, today I want to share with you a delicious Grilled Corn on the Cob with Mayo and Parmesan cheese recipe. Check it out below.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Mayonnaise and Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 ears corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on each ear of corn.
- In a mixing bowl, combined Parmesan cheese and pepper and Sprinkle onto each corn. Wrap each ear with aluminum foil and place on the grill.
- Grill, turning occasionally until the kernels begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
How will you be celebrating Hispanic Heritage month? Let us know by dropping us a note in the comment section below. If you decided to make our delicious grilled corn on the cob with mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese creation, come back and let us know how you liked it or by tagging us on social media. We will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy! Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino aquí.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.