Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is almost here and to ensure a safe Halloween experience, here are a few tips to be safe and have fun night:
?Safe Trick-or-Treating Tips:
- ? Adults should accompany trick-or-treaters until at least the age of 12 or walk in groups.
- ? Only visit familiar homes and areas, preferably friends and family.
- ? Take a flashlight, wear bright comfortable costumes and/or adhere reflective tape to bags and costumes.
- ? Do check ALL candy before it is consumed by children.
- ? Walk on the sidewalks. Do Not run.
- ? Cross streets at intersections and stay in crosswalks. Look both ways before crossing the street. Wait for traffic signals and “Walk” signs. Hold a parent’s/adult’s hand when crossing the street.
?Candy safety tips:
- ?Do check ALL candy before candy is consumed by children.
- ?Watch for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- ?Eat only factory-wrapped treats.
If you are driving on Halloween be sure to look out for children that may pop in and out between parked cars. A bit of extra caution will ensure that we all have a safe and sweet Halloween. If you have any other tips that I might have missed in the list above, be sure to drop us a note in the comment section below and I will update my list.