Who doesn’t love stew? Of course, if you are reading this most probably you are a huge fan of stews. Growing up, we had many forms of enjoying stew but my favorite way has always been in the form of Carne con Papas. Which basically translates as Latin Beef Stew. This hearty and I must say, must-have for any meat and potatoes lovers out there is basically done in 20 minutes from start to finish. Yes, that’s right, 20 minutes! So, who is ready to enjoy this amazing Instant Pot Carne con Papas (Latin Beef Stew)? If you are, here we go!
Instant Pot Carne con Papas (Latin Beef Stew)
- 1.5 lb of beef stew (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 lb of red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup of sour (bitter) orange
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Cilantro to taste
- 1.5 cups of water (if your potatoes are too big, use two cups of water instead)
- First of all, thoroughly rinse the stew meat with water, remove excess fat (if it has it), and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Season stew meat with salt and pepper.
- In the Instant Pot pressure cooker, press the "saute" button and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the beef stew cubes and saute until meat no longer pink.
- Remove the beef stew from the Instant pot pressure cooker.
- To the inner pot, add oil and toss in the green peppers, onion, and saute until veggies are tender.
- Cancel the "saute" mode.
- Add the meat back into the Instant Pot pressure cooker and add black pepper, salt to taste, potatoes, sour orange, mustard, Ketchup,
worceshiresauce, garlic, cilantroand water.
- Stir everything together, place the lid on your Instant Pot and turn the Steam Release to sealing.
- Then, press the "MANUAL" button and +/- to 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, do a "quick release" by turning the Steam release to "venting".
- Serve hot with a side of white rice.
- Note, if you want to thicken the sauce, use about 2 tablespoons of corn starch to a little bit of cold water and mix it into the stew.
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Click here to find more!
So, there it is. Such an easy hearty recipe, easy to prepare, and full of flavor, just the way I like it! Do you have a favorite pressure cooker recipe you love to share with us, if so, leave us a note in the comment section below!