This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice (Arroz Con Pollo) is the perfect one-pot meal! All you need is chicken, hot dogs, rice, vegetables and a pressure cooker and you have the perfect meal anytime of the week.
In our house, not a day goes by without us enjoying some kind of rice dish. We love rice on its own or as a side dish to one of our favorite meat, poultry or fish entree. Since rice is so versatile, I can pretty much add anything to it and my kids would love me for it. Hey, win-win for mom! 🙂 One such one-pot meals is arroz con pollo or chicken and rice and why? Well, because all you need is one pot, some chicken, some veggies, and a few other ingredients. Easy, right? If you think that’s easy, wait until you see what I did.
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
- 2 large chicken breast, diced in chunks
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced in small 1/2" squares
- 2 cups of white rice, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mustard, I use organic yellow mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 hot dogs or pre-cooked sausages, diced in small squares
- 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon
- 2.5 cups of water.
- Cut your chicken breast in 1 to 2 inches chunks.
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Click the Saute setting in the Instant Pot pressure cooker and preheat.
- Melt 1/2 a stick of butter in your Pressure cooker's inner liner, fit as many pieces of chicken inside the inner liner without the chicken touching each other and sear the chicken until brown on all sides. About a minute or two per side.
- Remove the chicken from the inner liner and set aside.
- Now it is time to deglaze the inner pot, add about 1/3 cup of broth made with some of the chicken bouillon and water. Make sure to scrape all the chicken bits with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the rest of the butter stick and saute the onions. About 1 to 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Next, add the minced garlic to the onions mix and saute for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the rinsed rice and saute for 1 to 3 minutes to let the flavors combined.
- Add the rest of the water, the rest of the chicken bouillon, the frozen peas and carrots, and the sauteed chicken to your inner pot. Stir to mix everything together.
- Place the lid on, turn the valve to "sealing", then click on the "Rice" preset. This will cook for 12 mins on low pressure.
- Once the Instant Pot is done, quick release the pressure by turning the steam release valve to "venting" and finally, carefully remove the lid.
- With a fork, fluff the rice and add the sliced hot dogs.
- Combined and let the rice rest for a few minutes and serve!
Want more Instant Pot Recipes? Click here to find more!
By using my pressure cooker, I can make my version of chicken and rice in under 15 minutes without having to sacrifice taste and flavor. So, what do you think? Leave us your thoughts on this chicken and rice recipe in the comment section below!
Click HERE to Pin this post for later!