Summer break is just a few weeks away, are you ready for it? I am so ready for it, no more waking up early! 🙂 If you are like my family, summer break is the time to wake up just in time for brunch and have fun enjoying outdoor activities. Waking up and craving a delicious meal are also part of summer break, this is why today I want to share with you the perfect addition to your summer menu. The best part is that this dish is so easy to make and it will fill up everyone before heading out to have fun around town. Here it is, enjoy it!
- 1 ½ C blueberries
- ¼ C coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 lemon-its zest and juice
- 1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 C milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon-optional
- 1 tub cool whip
- 1 block cream cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in an 8X8 dish.
- Once combined soak the cinnamon raisin bread into the milk mixture and then add them onto a warm skillet.
- Cook both sides until they are a golden brown.
- Once all of the bread is cooked begin to make the filling.
- In a medium sized bowl add in soft cream cheese and mix with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the tub of cool whip and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add filling between 2 slices of French toast.
*you can also add a little on top of the French toast for extra creaminess.
Lemon Blueberry glaze Directions:
- In a sauce pan add the blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until blueberries have softened and mixture has thickened up.
- Serve over stuffed French toast.
Delicious, right? Well, all I can say is, call off your reservation at that fancy bistro and whip up a batch of our delicious Lemon Blueberry Stuffed French Toast recipe. Can you say homemade brunch bliss? I sure can! The best part is that this recipe is not only easy to prepare and delicious, but it is not overly sweet or heavy and it will keep you satisfied all day long. If you decide to make our delicious Lemon Blueberry Stuffed French Toast recipe be sure to share with us how you liked it by leaving us a comment in the comment section below or be sure to tag us on social media.