For me, there is nothing more pleasant than enjoying a delicious and warm meal with my family at the end of the day. Of course, there are days when it seems that time flies and dinner doesn’t get made by itself. For those crazy days, I rely on my slow cooker to help me get dinner done without me having to attend to its preparation. One of my favorite recipes to make in my slow cooker is this easy and delicious chicken, potatoes, and carrots stew. If you don’t believe how easy it is to prepare, just take a look below.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
To make this easy and delicious chicken stew all you need are the following ingredients: 1 green pepper small sliced lengthwise; 1 small onion sliced lengthwise; 1 pound carrots (about 4 large ones), cut into round slices; 1 pound red potatoes (about 3), cut into round slices; 2 lbs. chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, and cut into large squares; 1 can of chopped tomatoes; 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce; 3 tablespoons mustard; 6 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup) and 1 tablespoon olive oil. To put it together, just keep following the recipe below.
- 1 green pepper small cut lengthwise.
- 1 small onion cut lengthwise
- 1 pound carrots, about 4 large, cut into round slices
- 1 pound red potatoes, about 3, cut into round slices
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, and cut into large squares
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce, ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chicken Preparation: Cut chicken into large squares. In a large bowl mix the chicken, mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Let stand 10 minutes. Place the chicken in a slow cooker electric.
- Pour a can of chopped tomatoes over chicken.
- Place the chopped carrots over the tomatoes.
- Place the chopped potatoes over the carrots.
- Place the chopped peppers and onions on top of the carrots, salt and pepper to taste and mix everything together well.
- Cook the chicken, potatoes and carrots mixture on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).
Easy, right? And the best part is that by the end of the day, you and your family will enjoy a hearty and savory warm meal together. If you decided to make these delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Stew recipe, come back and let us know how you liked it by dropping us a note in the comment section below. Or, if you share on social media, be sure to tag us, we will be sure to re-share your amazing creations. Enjoy!
Para nuestros amigos Latinos, pueden encontrar esta receta en Español en el sitio de Big Lots Latino aquí.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Big Lots Latino. All expressed opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by anything or anyone.