Looking for a meatloaf recipe that is both easy to prepare and full of flavor? Try out Tasty Classic Meatloaf Recipe.
If you are looking for a meatloaf recipe that is both easy to prepare and flavorful you have come to the right place. The secret to our tasty classic meatloaf recipe is the use of a fattier ground beef for a flavorful meatloaf and to keep the meatloaf moist the use of oats. Both of these combinations make for the perfect meal to enjoy during cool fall or chilly winter evenings. Pair this meatloaf with this easy pressure cooker mashed potato and your dinner is complete.
To prepare our Tasty Classic Meatloaf Recipe, all you need is ground beef, oats (quick or old-fashioned), milk, egg, onions (finely diced), salt and pepper. For the topping, you will also need ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
Tasty Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- ¾ cup oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients (excluding topping ingredients) into a medium bowl. Using clean hands, mix the
- ingredients just until incorporated. Overmixing may result in a tougher meatloaf.
- Transfer meat to a loaf pan, and press the surface until it’s even.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the top of the meatloaf, and spread evenly over the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. You may need to spread the topping once more after draining,
- so it evenly covers the surface.
- Allow the meatloaf to cool for up to 10 minutes before serving.
Click HERE to Pin this post for later!
So, what do you think of out Tasty Classic Meatloaf Recipe? One thing to note here is that we highly recommend using a fattier ground beef for this meatloaf. The result will be a more moist and flavorful final result due to the extra fat. Also, there will be a layer of grease once the meatloaf comes out of the oven, but after simply pouring the extra grease off, it will surely be perfection! If you have any observations or comments, please let us know via the comment section below.