Living in South Florida we have to be prepared for Hurricanes, check out the World Word Z Hurricane tips:
1. Listen to the forecast. Pay attention to any warning and determine whether to evacuate or ride out the storm.
2. If you choose not to evacuate, find a safe shelter to stay in that is adequately outfitted with emergency supplies.
3. Ensure your family knows when to go to the shelter and how best to get there.
4. Install storm shutters on your home, or cover windows with plywood to keep them from breaking.
5.Purchase supplies such as non-perishable food, water, flashlights, a portable radio, batteries, and a first-aid kit.
6. Make sure to have rain gear extra clothing stored in your shelter and they’re easily accessible.
The 2013 hurricane season has officially started, it started on June 1 and will end on November 30. The first name storm of the 2013 hurricane seasoned was named Andrea and it made landfall on June 6, 2013 in the Big Bend region of Florida. The remainder name for this hurricane season are Barry, Chantal, Dorian, Erin, Fernand, Gabrielle, Humberto, Ingrid, Jerry, Karen, Lorenzo, Melissa, Nestor, Olga, Pablo, Rebekah, Sebastien, Tanya, Van, Wendy. For more information stay tune to your local broadcast.
Disclosure: The information above was provided by Paramount pictures. No monetary compensation was received.